With joy and excitement, that is.
Days have been tough with one of my kids. In fact, it’s been going on for awhile. It’s fine, we’ll get through, but oh my word! It’s so exhausting.
My head hurts. My body is tired. My brain can’t stop thinking. My friend texts asking, “Need to vent?” Usually I think I do. I just need an ear. Though I wanted to I knew it wasn’t what I really needed. I needed to look to count the gifts I’ve been given. Instead of looking at my day through eyes of failure and frustration, I needed to look at my day from a standpoint of grace.
I am well aware that I live a blessed life. Everywhere I turned blessings pour out even when I don’t recognize them.
Let’s take a look at today’s blessings.
2. A quiet home, a cup of tea, music, my journal and Bible. Quiet moments.
3. Laundry and dishes get done while I sit at my computer earning money. So thankful for my servants: dishwasher and clothes washer.
4. I get to work from home. I choose when I work, how much I work, and who I work with. I have some pretty excellent co-workers. I’ve had this job almost 10 months now and I tell you, it is so much fun that I can’t believe it’s been that long. I have learned so much. I am not the same woman I was at the beginning of the year.
5. Christopher made a yummy lunch for me. I was going to refuse it because it wasn’t what I had wanted, but there was something strange in the way he looked at me. I don’t know what it was. That boy is growing too quickly, can we please go back? Even for a day? No?
6. Sage and Christopher cleaned out the fridge for me. The rocked it. Well, it’s not as clean as it would’ve been if I had done it. On the upside, I didn’t have to do it.
7. I picked up my check today. What a huge blessing!
8. Kids who don’t freak out even if I do sometimes.
9. The opportunity for 3 of my kids to do martial arts and another to do volleyball. I couldn’t do manage it all if it weren’t for some neighbors who have taken on taking my kids to their martial arts. I can’t thank them enough.
10. A camera. Mine broke. My friend sold me his for an excellent price. So happy to take pictures again.
11. My friend giving me an updated computer. It’s a PC, but I’m still glad to have it. Hello, it’s so nice to have a working tool to do my job. He’s going to update my other PC, too.
12. My bed.
And with that, I’m going to load my dishwasher, finish putting away groceries, switch over laundry, and head to bed….(even though I have SO much more to say!!!!)